AC Structures operates as a stand-alone professional Structural Engineering company, but under the same ultimate shareholding structure as ACA; we work together from the very start of your project and share offices, resources, and most importantly share our differing professional expertise right from the start of your project.
This differs from what you would see from most Structural Engineering companies, who provide a separate service at the latter part of the detailed design stage, which inevitably can add important technical changes but also additional unforeseen costs.
We believe this unique offering will lead to you getting the best designed and most efficient home possible.
ACS offers the following services to all clients –
- Initial Site evaluation service:
- Soil Investigation
- Estimation of foundation type
- Review of surface & foul drainage solutions
- Porosity test
- Structural design & analysis of all main structural elements:
- Ground floor slabs
- Structural ties and fixings
- Floors, walls and roofs – SIPS, Timber frame, ICF or traditional
- Additional structural framing (timber or steel) required to transfer loadings down to foundations
- Secondary support for any proposed glazing systems
- Off grid/SUDS drainage design
- Structural Engineers Registration Scheme (SER) Certification of all structural elements, in support of the Building Warrant application. This will include review of third-party design elements such as stairs, balustrades and glazing
- Ad hoc on-site assistance & reporting
- Existing building structural condition surveys