As ACS was created to provide a better design relationship between Architects and Structural Engineers, we feel that our unique approach can improve all projects. From early site feasibility studies on one-off homes or large-scale developments, our team can mitigate your risk, helping you understand what is going on, on your site.
Moving through your project’s timeline, we can assist with early design reviews, helping your designers to create the most efficient version of your dream home! We also offer the main analysis, calculations and SER Certification – working as part of your design team.
We believe this unique offering will lead to you getting the best designed and most efficient home possible.
ACS offers the following services to all clients –
- Initial Site evaluation service:
- Soil Investigation
- Estimation of foundation type
- Review of surface & foul drainage solutions
- Porosity test
- Structural design & analysis of all main structural elements:
- Ground floor slabs
- Structural ties and fixings
- Floors, walls and roofs – SIPS, Timber frame, ICF or traditional
- Additional structural framing (timber or steel) required to transfer loadings down to foundations
- Secondary support for any proposed glazing systems
- Off grid/SUDS drainage design
- Structural Engineers Registration Scheme (SER) Certification of all structural elements, in support of the Building Warrant application. This will include review of third-party design elements such as stairs, balustrades and glazing
- Ad hoc on-site assistance & reporting
- Existing building structural condition surveys
- Specialist kit contractors line & point load design